Covid-19 Policy Update
UPDATED COVID 19 Policy
As of April 10, 2020:
Due to the Governor’s extension of The “Stay at Home” Executive Order to May 8, 2020, our office will remain closed for routine care. We are presently contacting April and May patients and rescheduling patients to mid to late summer.
We continue to be available to patients for Urgent Care through calling our office number at 401-846-1620 and following instructions to page our Doctors.
If you have an Eyeglass need, such as repair or replacement, please text us at 401-846-1620 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
Thank you for your help and time during this busy time.
As of March 16th:
On Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
As of 8:00 am 3/16/20 Specs Eyecare had made a proactive, yet difficult decision to reschedule all routine eye examinations.
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent issues as well as help you with routine matters during this challenging time.
What does this mean?
1) If you are scheduled for your routine eye examination we will tentatively reschedule your appointment after April 13th.
2) If you need to replace eyeglasses or contact lenses and need an extension on your prescription, please contact us and we will assist you until you can come in for a visit.
3) If you are running out of an eye drop medication, please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
4) If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a FaceTime, Skype or telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the pandemic crisis. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
5) If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call our office at 401-846-1620 and follow the instructions in the message. Drs. Rispolis will address your issue and see you in person or refer to another provider if needed.
6) During this period of social distancing and quarantine, we must all do our part by restricting activities outside the home except for getting medical care. Do not go to work, school, or public areas. Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
7) Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health.
As always, we remain at your service,
70 Corporate Place
Middletown, RI 02842
Phone (401) 846-1620